The automotive sector has globally gained this leading position because it is an industry that is closely connected with the daily lives of people in almost every country worldwide. And don’t forget that the sector usually comprises some of the top companies across the world.
The automotive industry, however, was gaining ground in 2018 and is still making considerable headway in 2019. According to car sales statistics, around 86 million cars were sold in the top 54 world markets in 2018, while the Ford F-Series, Toyota Corolla, and Honda Civic were the top-selling car models worldwide.
As for this year, major players in the vehicle sector are using expanded and enhanced after-sales services and solutions to keep customers satisfied and engaged.
Why Automotive Translation?
Because the automotive industry is almost 100 percent globalized, auto companies have over the decades developed specialties in the sector’s supply chain. Auto companies in the developed world ─ such as the USA, Japan, Korea, Germany, Italy and France ─ have usually assigned themselves the production and supply of such components as control systems, fuel management systems, software, transmissions and other more sophisticated parts of cars, whereas car manufacturers in the developing world ─ such as South America, Africa, China, and the developing countries of Asia ─ have usually been producing the more unsophisticated car parts.
Besides, in view of the recent trend of auto companies tending to manufacture in one country and then assemble parts in other different countries, we are reaching a situation whereby the industry is totally globalized in both theory and practice and thus the sector requires that all content should be professionally translated into the various languages of the countries where the supply chain activities take place.
Therefore, with globalization redefining the outlines of the automotive supply chain, automotive translation services are being incorporated as one main element of the automotive industry processes and workflows. In a nutshell, for the automotive enterprises to do business on a global scale, all content ─ marketing content, advertising materials, computer systems, customer service, financial contacts, and legal documents ─ will require professional automotive translation.
Types of Automotive Translation
Automotive translation and localization services are becoming an integral part of the auto industry process. They, however, fall in the following 5 categories:
- Design Stage: Translation services are always needed to connect the various design teams, who often comprise experts speaking several languages. Moreover, CAD designs and numerous other documents often require being translated into many languages.
- Manufacturing Stage: This stage requires translating the manufacturing processes, guidelines and other materials, with high quality and within specific deadlines, is presently essential in the automotive sector, where cars are usually designed in one country, manufactured in other countries, and probably assembled in different countries ─ with various teams needing to follow the same workflows and adhere to the same quality assurance criteria.
- Safety Documents: In this specific area, translation is not only a must but also a tool to protect different workforces across the entire processes of design and manufacturing.
- User manuals: Governments and regulatory authorities make it obligatory for auto companies to translate all user manuals into local languages, so as to protect the lives of motorists and the general public.
- Marketing Content: Like other industries, if you go global, you’ll have to behave in a global way; thus you need to translate your marketing material into the languages of your target markets.
Safety and Profit Are Both Relevant!
It’s really turning into a take it or leave it choice. Not a single car manufacturer can compromise safety or close their eyes to profit margins!
Every and each auto company, knows quite well that when automotive translation services are accurate and professional, this positively impacts the safety of the human beings involved in manufacturing and driving cars ─ in addition to the public.
Why Future Trans?
With a quarter-century of experience in providing professional automotive translation services to major players in the auto industry, our focus has always been on accuracy, high quality and cost-effectiveness ─ thus distinguishing ourselves with our team of experts who are versed in all technical terms that go along with the automotive needs, qualified to translate large volumes of precise and detailed documentation, and equipped to deliver your project within your deadline.
If interested to take our unique automotive translation services and have your special translation requirements, you can contact us now!