Conferences, workshops and seminars have become a very important contributor to your business success and career growth. And since there are so many technical events in the translation industry each year, you need to carefully select the ones you should attend and the ROI out of them.
These are 10 main reasons to attend a translation industry event:
- Technical Knowledge: It doesn’t matter how experienced you are; the translation industry is getting more technical every day and you need to keep learning. The educational track of those conferences teaches you about new tools, technologies and ways to handle your translation projects more effectively.
- Networking: This is one of the most important reasons people attend conferences. Translation industry conferences provide a great opportunity to network. Who doesn’t like the opportunity to get to know and meet new people who work in the same industry? People can help each other explore ideas when they get to know each other on a personal level.
- Finding new vendors and suppliers: Industry conferences are the best place to look for new vendors and suppliers and talk about new opportunities. You’ll also get to know about new guys in the business.
- Place yourself as an expert: When people meet you at industry conferences you position yourself as an experienced caliber. Companies like to cooperate with experienced peers.
- Meeting existing customers: Face to face meetings are by far the best when communicating business. Meeting existing customers during translation industry conferences will help you gain new opportunities, and opens new channels with your current clients that you might miss if you didn’t network with them.
- Put the product in customers’ hands: It is probably one of the oldest methods available, you offer a sample of your service to get prospective buyers hooked.
- Make it personal: It is always about how you make people feel about meeting you without getting technology get between you and your customer. Face to face communication can solve many issues, and it always breaks the ice.
- Checking on competitors: Attending Industry conference is a great way to learn who your competitors are and what they are offering. You should visit your competitors’ booths to see how they interact with their customers. You can also get hold of the material they distribute during the conference to get an idea about their new services and products.
- Ask your customers: You can also ask your customers about ways to improve the way you serve them, and ways to improve your services.
- Having fun: Many events have fun activities, such as going out, sightseeing etc. You can even visit friends in the region. Having a little fun will help you resume your routine work when you get back to office.
Future Trans is helping you select the most suitable translation event to attend by providing you with a full list of 2016-2017 Translation Industry Events. Check it now and set your calendar https://www.future-trans.com//translation-localization-events-2016-2017/